Caring For Your Corset
- Always allow your corset to air overnight after wear, away from direct sunlight.
Over the back of a chair or towel rack is ideal.
- Neaten lacings and tie in a bow ready for your next wear.
- Roll loosely and store in one of our corset boxes or bags OR
- Drape lacing section over a hanger and hang.
- Do not leave your corset in sunlight or anywhere it can get dusty.
- Clean any small spots or marks with a damp sponge. Do not rub.
- Try to wear a camisole or thin garment underneath it to prevent skin oils & perspiration as much as possible.
- If you are a daily corset wearer, try to alternate between two corsets, allowing each one time to breathe between wears
- Do not share your corset – over time the shape will mould to your own figure and sharing could weaken your corset.
- Ava Corsetry recommends dry clean only by a trusted dry cleaner.
- Do not immerse in water, sponge off any stains or sweat marks.
- Do not wring dry.
- Do not put in the washing machine
- Do not tumble dry
- If using products like Febfreeze spray, do not use on the fashion fabric of a corset.